Wish I was there . .
My passport is ready and I can be packed in minutes.

09 April 2007

Busy, busy, busy


The last week has been both relaxing and insane. My parents arrived Wednesday from Arizona. They are driving back to Maine after a few months of being snowbirds. Thursday, I took the kids to daycare and went to work for a few hours, then picked up the kids and brought them home to my parents, then I quickly threw some clothes into a suitcase and jumped back in the car and drove to pick up PH from work, then we drove a couple hours to the coast and checked in to a resort for forty-eight hours of child free time. In that 48 hours, we went for bike rides, went swimming, walked on the shore and stared at the ocean, went to yoga, went to a core class, ate at two restaurants, sat by the pool, had a manicure, graded papers, and read a book - it was great! Then we drove back and filled eggs and prepared for a visit from the Easter bunny. I got up at 6:00 A.M. to stop the chocolate hoarding and help find eggs. Next, we colored a dozen eggs and then spent thirty minutes and a lot of soap trying to scrub the dye off little finger. Additionally, I cooked a ten pound ham, a dozen potatoes and a meal for eleven people and then we went to my sister-in-law's house and did had an egg hunt for another fifteen plus children and I brought dessert for the meal for twenty plus people. In four days, I filled 84 eggs. Today, I said goodbye to my parents and then tried to prepare lesson plans and tests for the next week. Whew!

4 comments:

Pam said...

yes, Whew! What a whirlwind of activity! Your 48 hours at the coast sounds absolutely superb but I must admit that I collapsed at the thought of filling 84 eggs...you are super woman!
: )

jen said...

hayzeus, lady, that's crazy. I'm tired just reading this and I just got up.

What is filling eggs?

RennyBA said...

Sounds like you've had a real busy Easter Holiday - hope you had fun too!

We had a visit from Easter Bunny to, but in Norway we have to go into the forest to find him you know:-)

Unknown said...

now that was busy, but glad you guys had time for yourselves!

I've been that busy too, minus kids but job hunting and interviews daily!