Wish I was there . .
My passport is ready and I can be packed in minutes.

21 December 2008

Welcome Winter!

Since leaving Florida, we have had snow everyday - first Colorado, then Boston, and now 10-20 inches (25.4 - 50.8 cm) tonight in Maine. No complaints here. We've skied, had snowball fights, built a snowman, went ice skating, and just enjoyed the cold weather. I hope to find some time to also cross country ski. Stay tune for the stories of ski school, my tumble into the woods, and more holiday merriment. For now, here are a few pictures from Beaver Creek, Colorado.

The view from my borrowed window seat in Beaver Creek Colorado.



I wasn't the only one who loved staring out the window. There was a window seat in this picture window and the kids would sit looking out and playing Go Fish.
. This is the view coming down the chair lift. Yes I know I should be skiing down, but the green (easy) trails are up at the top and at the more difficult trails are at the half way point of the mountain. I am not qualified to ski anything but beginner trails, which is how I ended up buried in snow, off trail in the trees you see.
Hope everyone is enjoying this winter weather!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how beautiful!!!! WE had 32 cms here in Victoria, double that of north vancouver...

Looks like a great time! I won't ski yet, but I'm hoping to get up for sledding at least!

Skogkjerring said...

Hi!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! I haven't downhill skied since I was 18, at this point I'd be on the bunny slopes with the kiddies..keeping it safe...can't risk injuring this old temple..hahaha!!!
Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the snow- a white christmas- just as it should be!!!