Wish I was there . .
My passport is ready and I can be packed in minutes.

04 March 2007

Just a thought . . .

After having been married for more than six years, Perfect Husband and I readily recognize each other flaws. I do not adapt easily. I know that change causes me stress which results in me raging and ranting during the adjustment. It is not pretty and I know it.

Perfect Husband also recognizes this character flaw and as recently as last night expressed his concerns about an overseas move. How will I deal with the inevitable feelings of stress at moving somewhere unknown, where it is unlikely that I will speak the language, and I will be working at a new job? (An aside here - Before meeting PH, I did move across country by myself to start a new job at a place where I had no connections and miraculously did manage.)

Yet, was it me snipping into the phone at some poor service worker as to why there was no technical support available ON A SUNDAY to help PH with his new Blackberry? It appears that I won't be the only one needing stress management when we move.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

happy Monday! I mentioned your blog today on mine - take care:)

Smalltown RN said...

Yes she did...and here I am....oh sorry you are not happy about your move...but having looked at your blog it looks like you have put a lot of time into your current home....and it does look lovely.....So where overseas are you going? You will have to keep us posted.

Your meal you made looks really yummy as well....you seem like a very talented lady!!!

RennyBA said...

So you mean not only visiting but moving to the land of the midnight sun? :-)

hexe said...

East of Oregon - Thank you for the mention

Smalltowwn RN - no definite plans yet resumes will be going out in the fall so keep myour fingers crossed :) Thanks for visiting!

Renny - PH would be very happy to move back to the land of midnight son, but jobs must be found first. Know anyone looking for one practicing attorney and one reformed attorney turned teacher?

Unknown said...

lol too funny...

I think this is my goal too. At times I'm itchy about adjustments but now that I lived in Switzerland, I find it more of an adventure and a rush than what it used to be...

But I still get the same way as you with the small stuff which I usually sweat out in my mind way too much.. haha

EuroTrippen said...

it IS stressful moving overseas, but there's such a sense of adventure too.

You'll both have your moments!