Wish I was there . .
My passport is ready and I can be packed in minutes.

09 June 2008

The Whiny Blog

For the second day in a row PH has a migraine. While he tries to sleep off the headache in a drug induced state, I am left to quietly entertain two small children for whom the word "quietly" is a foreign concept. Maybe it would be easier if we could get outside, but it 92F with 100% humidity. We tried our daily bike ride this morning at 7:45 A.M., but it just resulted in both kids begging to go back inside the house. The moment we stepped outside, we were assaulted with the thick hot air. I just wanted to cry - we are only a few weeks into this miserable weather and although I have an escape soon, I know I will have to come back. In front of me sits the most recent National Geographic Traveler with pictures of Antarctica and the mountains of Slovenia. I just want to pack a bag and go.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh national geo traveler... sounds great to me! I'm on the other side of the pond - it's N
ovember here in June.