Wish I was there . .
My passport is ready and I can be packed in minutes.

24 May 2010

Gardening Monday

The first day of no school for the kids and we are recovering from the beach (pics to follow shortly).  The garden was a bit dry after a few days of relying on the rain here.  The tomatoes continue to produce and grown nicely.  One of the cherry tomato plants is looking VERY dry, but I am hoping it will be fine now that it has a bit of water.  The fruit/vegetable are still there so I think it will recover.  Unfortunately the de Bourbonne cucumber are looking terrible.  Many of them are yellow and they are growing curved which I know I know is not a good sign.  I think this Floida heat is too muc for them.  Plus I am wondering about an infestion of some white bugs from the green beans - it's possible that I will need to invest in some galic spray to keep away pests.  The thai egg plant are beginning to flower - purple thus far.  And the asparagus bean plant is ready for a trellis so that is a project for later this week. 

And the flowers are finally beginning to bloom.  What looked like this last week . . .


. . . now look like this

Happy Monday!

No comments: